October 29, 2009

BOTTOM OF THE 2ND

As Buck and McCarver keep pointing out, the Yankee crowd is really quiet. Maybe Yankees fans are the new Red Sox fans, easily intimidated and expecting things to go wrong. Probably not.

Pedro freezes A-Rod on a 72 mph yakker for his third strikeout. One of my favorite things about my new roommate is he laughs every time I say yakker instead of curveball. I've probably said it 50 times and it's still working. Matsui singles to right.

Fox just showed a montage of famous Pedro outings against the Yankees. I'm delighted that they opened with Pedro's god-like performance in September 1999: 17 strikeouts, 1 hit, 0 walks. How great was it? The Yankees hit exactly one ball into the field of play (a flyout to left) after the 4th inning.

Ibanez makes an incredible diving catch in left-center for the second out. I just made a strange, animal noise that unfortunately could never be blogged. Jerry Hairston, Jr., filling in for Swisher, flies out to right to end the inning.

No comments:

Post a Comment