December 4, 2006

Mailbag, part II

Loyal reader and longtime Certain Blogs apologist Blogadier General dropped me a line this weekend. And while it's always nice to hear from the old self, I'm afraid he wasn't in the best of moods:

Dear Blogadier General,

Write something. Anything. Jesus.

Warmest Regards,
The Old Self

Thanks for writing, TOS! As you probably know, things have been pretty hectic lately, what with the holiday and things starting to heat up at work. In fact, I've been so busy I decided to farm out this week's reply to an old friend by the name of My Flagging Integrity:

Dear TOS,

You know how you'll meet a friend for dinner and you'll suggest some type of food, let's say Chinese, but your friend says "eh, I had Chinese last night." And so end of discussion: Chinese is out. This happens to me all the time.

But what the fuck? Why can't you eat the same type of food two days in a row? You know what? Everyone eats the exact same thing for breakfast every day and no one gives a shit. It's like,

"Self, it's time for breakfast. How do you feel about eating cold cereal in your underwear?"

"Well, to be honest, I've eaten cold cereal in my underwear every morning since I grew teeth, but fuck it! Why not?"
And Christ, it's not like Chinese or Italian doesn't offer an enormous array of choices. And don't 700 billion Chinese people eat Chinese food every god damned day?

The next time you really want enchiladas but your dumbshit roommate says he had Mexican food yesterday, tell him to go to hell.

See you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment