December 16, 2006

comment

Below is a good example of what I wanted to happen when I started displaying the name of the book I am currently reading (or, um, baldly neglecting). Unfortunately, my nameless friend emailed me instead of posting a comment here. Way to go, nameless friend! I've decided to post her email here, for the entire world wide web to enjoy, and I've decided to do so without asking for her permission:


By the way, I see you're reading Bronte.

Just make sure you never ever read it on the subway because if you do
you might get so deep into the last chapter that you forget where and who
you are and you might forget to look up as the train keeps going and you
might miss your stop and you will wind up in the middle of France on a train
platform that is not yours and you will have finished the book (because
only then did you finally look up) and you will have to take a taxi back to
your village in the dark.

I'm just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:20 PM

    I had to read "Jane Eyre" (aka "Jane Air" aka "Jane Aire") for my AP English class in high school. It was on the summer reading list. The story was so convoluted, stupid and boring that it took me an entire month to read (as opposed to "1984" which took me two days). Good fucking luck. Bronte can kiss my asse.

    ReplyDelete