August 6, 2007

An Actual Mailbag

Here's an email I didn't make up:

Man, I had a dream last night that you had taken flying lessons and you and I were flying around in a little, single engine Cessna with you at the controls. I was in the copilot's seat but I wasn't really doing anything except being amazed at how deftly you handled that plane. I'm not sure if it was the first time you'd flown by yourself or not but I thought it was one of the first times and was a little nervous. But you seemed really confident and relaxed about it. I'm not sure from where we started but we planned to land in c'ville and, it being my first time flying with you, naturally I had some trepidation about the approach and landing. Not you, though. We came down steadily and landed smoothly and you parked somewhere and we got out and went into the terminal. I remember complaining to you in the terminal that I was extremely thirsty – also true in real life as I consumed many beers during and after kickball yesterday. Anyway, you told me of your plans to buy a/the plane so you could just fly yourself wherever you needed to go. You explained to me that since you didn't have a car payment or car insurance to pay for, buying your own Cessna seemed like a logical move. The plane sat 5 comfortably so you told me to start thinking of places you could fly me and Emily. Then you suggested we get back in the plane and fly to Key West for some margaritas but I had to decline because I had to get home.

Man it seemed so reasonable and everything made sense. We were both really excited about the newfound freedom your learning to fly and owning your own plane would afford us. Anyway, you might want to look into it.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous8:48 PM

    Certain brothers in Seattle would like you to buy a plane, too. It would give you an excuse to buy new aviator sunglasses, if nothing else.

    ReplyDelete