October 26, 2006

So his gray hair is older than I am

Recently I've been getting even more spam than usual. Today, on a lark, I decided to read one of them, and BOY HOWDY am I glad I did. After a bit about selling me some European stock (I think), the end of the email contained a quantity of text having nothing to do with stock and little to do with anything else. The text is oddly moving, in addition to being flat-out hilarious. The sentences read like something out of a Don DeLillo novel or a Radiohead liner note. Here's one example:
I was driving home in rush hour traffic, on the highway,in the rain, in the left lane.
In summary - everything. Here are some ideas to break through writer's block. Here are some ideas to break through writer's block.
Man she was a tyrant.
So his gray hair is older than I am.
He likes to make like the mailbags are answered by us collectively, but anyone who knows us quickly realizes that the replies are way too nice to come from me or Steve.
Greg Mankiw spotted an article about the Pigou club in the New York Times.
What is the GMAT and how can you prepare for.
Here are some ideas to break through writer's block.
Those guys were definitely our biggest fans and talked the site up more than we did.
: Pas de nouvelles, bonne nouvelle ? We used to make fun of her old-maid status. Trapper got his own special Christmas message from a herd of Elk that crept into his living room and baked a bunch of pies while he was tucked away, dreaming of sugar plums. So his gray hair is older than I am.
In summary - everything.
Greg Mankiw spotted an article about the Pigou club in the New York Times.
The ride is excellent. Alpha zebra foxtrot decca!
Humanity is not ready for FT to have an army of judo chop robots.
As more and more search engine algorithms evolve into complex, human-centric logics, they seek content that is relevant to the search conducted by the surfer. So, because I am too busy impressing the Texas sweethearts with my strut, there are no new reviews this week.
: Pas de nouvelles, bonne nouvelle ?
Actually, we will still be doing FT reviews but we will just not be showing them to you.
Maybe then the squirrels will stop bothering me.

I can't put into words why I love this so much; I can only hope someone else appreciates it half as much as I do. Maybe then the squirrels will stop bothering me.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:19 PM

    I appreciate the hell out of this. Holy smokes. You should enter it in some sort of contest for found poetry. Or any Writer's Digest competition, perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:16 PM

    Wow. I second that.
    JD

    ReplyDelete