July 14, 2006

Holy Hell this really works

I can't link to this because the McSweeney's website is so dumb. But here's the copy:

Shaving without shaving cream when you first get out of the shower
Few men are aware of this option, which, if broadly implemented, could bring Big Shaving Cream to its knees. Right out of a hot shower, your face is warm and soft. Wrap a towel around your waist, grab a razor, and go to work. No cream means you can see exactly where the whiskers are. No shirt means you stay clean. And, most important, it ends up being a better shave anyway.

Just give it a shot. It's far manlier than anything on the menu at T.G.I.Friday's.

2 comments:

  1. I did try it and was pleasantly surprised by the results. The only problem I had was that once I shaved some whiskers off they just hung out on my face and I couldn't tell which ones were actually attached to my face anymore. I'm not sure how shaving cream solves this problem, but I think it's enough for me to continue to shave with cream. Also, the claim that it's a better shave strikes me as absolutely ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe you get a better shave either. I think it's about the same, but much faster.

    The argument that it's a better shave can be found below. Although I might hate the guy who wrote it.

    http://www.lewrockwell.com/tucker/tucker65.html

    ReplyDelete