September 12, 2009

There's something new in the fridge!

Today marks one year since David Foster Wallace passed away. I wanted to write something nice about him but it's just not going to happen today.

Instead, here's something about Bull Durham, the greatest baseball movie of all time:

(1) Danny Gans, the legendary, recently deceased Las Vegas entertainer, plays the Bulls' 3rd baseman. It was the only big screen movie he was ever in.

(2) You get to see one of Susan Sarandon's boobs near the end. It's a really quick shot, as she's cleaning the kitchen after a long night of lovemaking and pauses to light a cigarette butt she finds on the floor.

Now I've probably watched Bull Durham 30 times over the last 21 years, and I'd never once noticed this before. Every single time I've wished I could see her boobs, and now, after countless viewings, I finally get to see one of them. It's kind of like that thing about people opening the refrigerator over and over again and hoping something new has magically appeared since the last time they checked. Except this time, THERE'S ACTUALLY SOMETHING NEW IN THE FRIDGE! A great big bucket of fried chicken!

There's no way to describe how much this discovery pleases me.

1 comment:

  1. Imagine if there had been a bucket of Susan Sarandon's boobs in your fridge! No... maybe you shouldn't imagine that.

    ReplyDelete