September 30, 2009

Administerial Blog

I'm moving to a new apartment this week, but I was too stupid to schedule an appointment with the cable installer ahead of time. So without internet access, I probably won't be blogging much for a while. The good news is I'm getting a pretty interesting roommate, so maybe he'll spark a bunch of funny stories or become a running character or something.

Also, the baseball playoffs are fast approaching, and I'm planning another LIVE BLOGGING EVENT for one of the ALCS games. I thought I'd give some advance notice in case anyone wants to follow along in real time. Once my internet situation is resolved, I'll post again to let you know which game I plan on sullying.

Finally, by way of apology for the boring entry above, please enjoy this with my warmest regards:

2 comments:

  1. Whither blog, dude? WHITHER BLOG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what whither means, but I'm sure you have a point.

    Tonight's game six would have been great for blogging. In the second inning I watched Guerrero struggle down the first base line and said to my roommate, "one of these days, Guerrero is going to get thrown out at first base by a right fielder. I just hope it doesn't happen in the playoffs."

    Then seriously about 30 seconds later, Morales popped out to right field and Swisher threw out Guerrero stumbling back to first. My roommate was blown away. Of course, I meant my comment to refer to being thrown out by a right fielder immediately after a (presumptive) hit, rather than a mere baserunning blunder. All the same, the coincidence was really eerie and would've been a thrilling component of a LIVE BLOGGING EVENT.

    Instead I'm scheduling the EVENT for Game 2 on Thursday night, in hopes that Pedro gets the nod and gets crucified by the NY fans. It could get ugly.

    ReplyDelete