July 19, 2006

Two things I didn't know about vaginas

(1) Yesterday, a buddy of mine was chilling out at his sister-in-law's house, and he chanced to overhear while she was potty-training her two year old daughter. Astutely, my friend realized he was privy to some pretty exclusive information, so he listened carefully. Then, with the giddiness of a third grader, he raced to his computer and emailed me with a striking bit of information.

It seems girls are taught to wipe their vaginas from front to back, in order to minimize the risk of bacterial intrusion. Now, if this sounds absurd to you, you're not alone. Incredulous, I phoned a trusted vagina expert (let's call her VE), who not only verified the claim, but told me a good story to boot.

As an eighth grader, VE was sitting in sex-ed class when her teacher mentioned the aforementioned wiping procedure. Having known about this technique for years, VE immediately said to herself "man, it's a little late to be teaching this shit." But her smugness was quickly extinguished by a poor soul in the back of the room, whose heartfelt cry of "are you serious?!" echoed awkwardly against the cinderblock walls of the otherwise silent classroom.


(2) All this talk of vaginas reminded me of another conversation I had with VE, probably four years ago. We were sitting in a friend's basement, when I apparently made some reference to how weird it must be for girls to urinate out of their vaginas. (Perhaps it's difficult to imagine how this topic came up, but you'll have to take my word for it.)

Anyhoo, VE looked at me and said, with no small measure of scorn, "we don't. There's a separate hole for that."

I was unimpressed. VE had been known to put one over on me, and I wasn't about to let it happen again. "Right. So now there's a third hole?"

"Of course there is! How do you think girls pee when they're wearing a tampon?"

"Well I assume they take them out and change them. Isn't that why women's bathrooms have disposal stations?"

She took a deep breath. "No, you don't change your tampon every time you have to pee. There's a different hole."

"So you're serious? A third hole?"

"Yes. It's very small."

"Jesus. Does anything ever get stuck in there? Does it hurt?"

Despite being a vagina expert, VE was evidently ready to talk about something else. She fired a bitter glance in my direction and said, "yes, little things can get stuck in there. And yes, it hurts."

I changed the subject.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:43 PM

    Dude, stumbled across your blog and got caught by this post. I considered myself sort-of a vagina expert, but I hail to the master. I didn't know this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I've always heard that you're not supposed to have vaginal intercourse right after fucking a girl in the ass because this could lead to a urinary tract infection. But now that the existence of this third and (hopefully) final hole has come to light, I have to call this into question. If the urinary tract is separate from the cock tract then how could this be? My theory is that this is a story invented by girls to dissuade us from anal sex. They know that a mere request to not have their own feces jammed up their twats will fall on unsympathetic ears, so they came up with this, knowing full well we'll be too lazy to wash our dicks after a rousing session of anal sex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:35 PM

    I am completely shocked by the opposite sex's unawareness of the Third Hole. There should be a public service announcement.
    VE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:21 AM

    Well, hell, up until I read this I always thought that girls peed out of their asses! I mean, they do sit down to pee, right? Right?

    ReplyDelete