June 14, 2006

Blogs on Film

I recently watched Ghost Busters for the first time in years. I was amazed by how much everyone smoked (as a kid, I was vehemently anti-smoking; in retrospect, I'm certain this is why Egon was my favorite character). Also the special effects are hilarious. But what really struck me was how heavily the Dudley Heinsbergen-Raleigh St. Clair relationship in The Royal Tenenbaums borrowed from the interaction between The Key Master (Rick Moranis) and Egon.

I probably won't win a Pulitzer for this.

1 comment:

  1. No, but you might win a Stinklitzer. Kudos to you for getting your Blogs on Film feature off the ground. I believe, though, that it is customary to refer to characters by the names of the actors rather than the names of the characters when blogging about film.

    ReplyDelete